If your looking for a last minute snack for the holidays, this healthy Chex Mix is for you. Made with three types of Chex, pretzels, toasted pumpkin and sunflower seeds, it’s got all the flavors from a traditional Chex mix, but the rosemary infused olive oil gives it a classy twist. An added bonus is that it’s totally vegan, with soy sauce and nutritional yeast to give it a savory cheesy flavor that makes it impossible to stop eating.
This healthy olive oil Chex mix was definitely something different than what I’m used to making. I tend to choose sweet over salty, but I may have to make an exception with this one. There’s something about the olive oil/rosemary combo that just gets into my brain, this stuff is ADDICTIVE. I’m not complaining though. Because of my peanut allergy I could never have the traditional one, so I always felt like I was missing out. Not anymore! In this recipe I use sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds instead of nuts, I love the addition of herbs too, it adds so much flavor and makes you feel sophisticated as you shovel cereal into your mouth at 10:00 at night.
Other similar recipes you might like:
Rosemary Olive Oil Chex MixCourse: Quick/Easy, Snacks and Apps, VeganDifficulty: Easy
This healthy olive oil Chex mix is super easy to whip up for a quick snack or an easy crowd pleasing appetizer!
1 1/2 cups Corn Chex cereal
1 1/2 cups Wheat Chex cereal
1 1/2 cups Rice Chex cereal
1 1/2 cups pretzels
1/2 cup hulled sunflower seeds
1/2 cup hulled pumpkin seeds
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp thyme (fresh or dried)
2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat the oven to 300 F and line a large baking sheet (or two) with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, maple syrup, soy sauce and remaining seasonings.
- In a large bowl, combine all three Chex cereals, pretzels, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. Pour over the oil mixture and toss well to combine.
- Spread evenly on the prepared sheet pan and bake for 1 hour, tossing every 15 minutes or so, until golden brown and crispy.
- Adapted from original Chex party mix