I’ve tried quite a few vegan ricotta brands, all of which had some questionable ingredients and tasted a little… off. I was so happy when I figured out how to make my own because it’s just tastes so much better. The best part is how easy it is, all you need is six simple ingredients and a food processor or blender.
- 1 14 oz block extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup olive oil + more as needed
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp white miso paste
- 1/2 tsp salt + more to taste
- Wrap the tofu in a a few paper towels or clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. It’s ok if it crumbles.
- Add the tofu to the bowl of a food processor along with the remaining ingredients and blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. If the mixture seems too thick, add more olive oil 1 tbsp at a time.